As the old saying goes, “it takes two to tango”. But, just because a relationship involves two people, it is not always both parties who are working on that relationship. Any relationship can break down after a while if you are not taking steps to prevent it, but there are ways that it can be brought back, even if it seems like there is nothing left to save. While a marriage does take two, you don’t have to wait for your partner to start working on things to bring a failing marriage back from the brink. Women and men tend to deal with relationship issues differently. With this in mind, here is some great relationship advice for women who want to save their relationships.
- Let Your Inner Child Shine Through – Everything doesn’t need to be totally serious all of the time. Let your inner child come out once in a while and show your partner that you are playful and want to have some fun. You don’t always have to behave like grown-ups.
- See Their Side of Things – The relationship isn’t all about you, and you need to stop and see your partner’s side of things once in a while. Instead of arguing, listen to what your partner has to say, and don’t do it with a condescending attitude.
- Don’t Try to Change Them – If your partner has habits that drive you crazy, remember, you can’t change a person. A better thing to do is to lead by example. If you want them to do things in a certain manner, do things that way yourself. If they still don’t come around, it may be time to rethink the relationship, because they are obviously not willing to make any concessions for you.
- Don’t Bring Up Past Failures – No one likes to hear about everything they have done wrong in the past. The past is the past, so leave it there. If you keep bringing up past failures, it is certainly going to lead to a broken relationship, because they will always feel like you resent them, and they won’t want to talk about other issues.
- Don’t Blame Yourself – As mentioned earlier, it takes two to tango, so you can’t put all of the blame on yourself for marital problems. Both of you have contributed to the relationship, in both good and bad ways. You need to accept responsibility for the things you have said and done, but remember, the problems aren’t entirely your fault, and you shouldn’t blame yourself entirely.
- Don’t be a Drama Queen – No one wants to be in a relationship with a drama queen. In fact, if you behave like this, it could be the reason why you are looking for relationship advice. The world doesn’t revolve around you, and your problems are no more serious than anyone else’s. Chill out and talk to your partner like an adult and stop being a drama queen.
- Talk to Them – You may think that ignoring your partner is the best way to let them know that you are upset about something. All this does is lead to a breakdown in communication, which can lead to a broken relationship. Talk to them and let them know what you are feeling. Otherwise, they are just going to keep things to themselves, and maybe even lie to you and hurt you more.
- Give them Space – Everyone needs to have their space once in a while. Don’t try to spend every waking moment with your partner. Give them space, and give yourself some space as well. We all need time for ourselves, whether it is to be with friends, finish up projects, etc. Let your partner have the time they need without you, and your relationship will be stronger for it.
Even when there is only one person willing to take the time to work on a relationship, the relationship can still be fixed. In addition to following the above advice, you can also learn ways you can work on your relationship yourself here. Not only will you keep yourself out of divorce court, you will learn about how to create the relationship everyone in the world is looking for.
Your marriage can be great, and with a bit of work on your part, it can be stronger and healthier than ever, and a marriage that will stand the test of time. When you find yourself needing a bit of help in this department, “Save the Marriage” can really help. Learn about the mistakes people make when they are in a crisis situation, how to address any stage of a crisis, how to move beyond emotions and take action, and many other things that will help you to keep your marriage on track and have a bright looking future.